Sat, Mar 04|
Live online class
Making Herbal Preparations
Support your health with homemade herbal remedies, all year long. This is a self paced, 9-month course with one live, online group session per month.
Time & Location
Mar 04, 2023, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
Live online class
About the Event
Make your own herbal remedies for every season while learning the basics of Herbalism. This is not just a set of videos. It's a live class with an experienced herbalist so you can ask questions and receive guidance while working with medicinal herbs.
With each season, different health challenges arise. For example, we see an increase in colds and flu viruses in the winter and a rise in seasonal allergies in the spring. In this course, we will take a seasonal approach to herbal studies, making preparations that are effective for each season's unique health challenges You'll also create your own herbal reference book, complete with recipes and other useful info that you can refer to when the need arises.
For beginners, this is a wonderful, hands-on way to learn the basics. Experienced herbalists will expand their knowledge while increasing their confidence in working with herbs and creating their own formulas.
Classes meet over Zoom on the first Saturday of each month from 2:00-4:00 PM ET, starting on November 5th, 2022. Each live session will be recorded so you'll have access to the replay in case you have to miss a live session.
What will you learn in this live class?
- Learn how to make herbal preparations such as infusions, tinctures, infused oils, and vinegar to support good health through each season.
- Acquire simple, effective, and tasty herbal recipes each month --and learn how to create your own.
- Gather botanical data on some of the most useful and commonly available medicinal plants and learn to identify them.
- Create your own herbal reference book, complete with recipes, materia medica, folklore, and other data.
- Learn how to select, harvest, and wildcraft herbs in a way that is ecologically sustainable.
- Learn how to process, dry and store herbs, as well as how to judge their quality and freshness.
- Deepen your understanding of how plants affect the different systems of the body.
- Take quizzes to test your knowledge.
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
Making Herbal Preparations$355.00